New Stuff (reverse chronological):
- Currently 39 members from 6 countries.
- Always include a “Featured Image” in your posts.
This is the no-nostril zone.
Play around. Have some fun.
The intention here is that this site will operate differently from SAV. For one thing, there will not be a central owner who produces all of the content. If this site will work, the content will have to be collaborative.
When you initially register your account, you will be assigned “Subscriber” status, which allows you to read, comment, and chat. Those of you who wish to contribute content will be elevated to “Author” status, which will allow you to make new posts.
We will work on the concept of “roles” as we go along, and we will flesh out the rules. For now, the basic rules are:
- Say what you want, as long as it does not break the law.
- No threats of violence.
- No publishing copyrighted material outside of legal “fair use”, such as parody.
- No doxxing or trolling.
- Be kind to each other.
The comment system here is not quite the same as what is available on SAV. For example, at present there is no mechanism for inline YouTube videos (you can do that in a post, but not in a comment). However, my expectation is that much of what would go into comments for SAV will constitute a new post here. For example, you might create a new post to list some of your new memes, show a video, etc.
We also have a fully featured chat system, allowing members to communicate in real time.
There are lots of features, and more that could be added, so play around and we’ll see where it goes.
Stuff to Know:
- Everyone is an Author. Create new posts. Comment on existing posts. Participate in chat.
- You can edit your own posts, comments, and chat.
- You can have a private chat with another member.
- Go to your admin profile and make sure your nickname and display name are both set and are the same, otherwise your name will not show on your posts.
- When you make a post, include a default image. If you are only posting a meme, the default image can be the meme, and the post itself can be empty.
- To add images to a post, drag and drop them into the editor. This will add them to the Media Library, and you can click Insert to insert into the post. You can choose Full Size or a smaller size.
- If you are creating a post from a phone and can’t easily drag and drop, use the media upload feature.
- When you create a new post, please select one or more categories, e.g., FAFO/Antivaxxer.
- As of right now (3:47pm PT 9/10/23), we have 33 members. Good start.
- Question / need assistance with something? Email me at email@example.com.